- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g tuna cut into batons (roughly 5cm square)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful green beans
- 1 baby cos lettuce, torn
- 1 baby fennel bulb, finely sliced
- lemon dressing (see below)
- optional: sliced green olives
Bush the olive oil over the tuna snd season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high hest, add the tuna and cook for 20 seconds on each side of the batons. Remove from pan and allow to rest for up to 1 hour. Cut the tuna into 5mm slices.
Blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes then refresh in cold water. Arrange the cos, fennel and beans on plates, top with tuna and spoon over the lemon dressing.
- 1 lemon, peeled and segmented
- 3 tbsp baby capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper