- 250g rice vermicelli
- 125ml (1/2 cup) soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 3 tsp oil mixed with 1 finely sliced chilli
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut/vegetable oil
- 3cm x 4cm piece of ginger finely julienned
- 12 cooked prawns, shelled, deveined and sliced in half lengthways
- 2 Lebanese cucmers, julienned
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced on teh diagonal
- 1/4 cup corainder
- 5g 1/4 cup fresh mint
- lime/lemon wedges
Put the rice vermicelli in a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover.
Soak for 6 to 7 mins, then drain and refresh under cold water before draining thoroughly.
Stir the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chilli oil, sugar, peanut oil and ginger together in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add the noodles, prawns, cucumber and spring onion and stir carefully to combine.
Divide among four plates and top with coriander and mint. Serve with lime wedges.