- 50g soba noodles
- soy dressing (below)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 3 thick slices ginger
- 2 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 skinless chicken breat fillets
- 100g snow pea sprouts
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, finely sliced
Bring a saucepan of water to boil, add the noodles and cook for 3 mins, or until al dente. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to cool them. Toss half the soy dressing through.
Put the peppercorns, ginger spring onion and salt in a medium saucepan, fill with cold water and bring to the boil. Ad the chicken breasts and stir. Turn off the heat, cover with a tight fitting lid and leave for 1 hour before cutting in to slices.
Divide noodles among four plates and add sliced chicken. Spoon the remaining dressing over and top with snow pea sprouts, sliced radish and cucumber.
- 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4) cup mirin
- tbsp rice wine vinegar (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped