- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 3tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 long red chilli, finely diced
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup young coconut juice
- coriander sprigs to garnish
- jasmine rice to serve
In a mixing bowl combine fish sauce, sugar and mix until sugar has dissolved.
Add half of the lemongrass, half the garlic, half the chilli and all of the chicken. Coat the chicken then marinate it, over and refrigerate for 1 hour or over night for a better result.
Bring a large saucepan to work to medium heat, add oil and remaining lemongrass, garlic, chilli and fry until fragrant and slightly brown.
Turn heat to high and add the chicken, sealing all sides until browned – around 2 mins each side.
Now add the coconut juice, onion and cover with a lid, then cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half.
Transfer to a bowl, garnish with coriander and serve with jasmine rice.