– for when you’re in a hurry
broccoli with lemon zest and ricotta
- penne or other shaped pasta (e.g., fusili, spirali)
- zest of 1 lemon
- handful of chopped broccoli
- small container of fresh ricotta
- pinch chilli (or to taste)
Cook pasta in pot and just before done (I min) throw in chopped broccoli.
Drain (but reserve a couple of tablespoons of pasta water to add to the pasta), add butter, lemon zest, chilli and fresh ricotta.
eggplant and sausage in tomato sauce
(this is good with a thickish spaghetti such as buccantini or linguine)
- 1 eggplant
- couple of nice sausages (I use Italian pork and fennel) chopped into 2cm pieces or just squeezed out of their casing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- tin tomatoes
- pinch chilli
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
fresh ricotta or parmesan and basil leaves
Slice the eggplant, brush with oil oil and grill until golden, then slice into strips or pieces.
Heat olive in a saucepan, add garlic and anchovies (if using) gently cook (don’t have the heat up high or the garlic will burn and taste horrible).
Add tin tomatoes and break up with a fork or potato masher, eggplant and sausages The sausages will cook in the tomato sauce. Add chilli and cook for 5 mins.
Serve with either ricotta or parmesan and fresh basil leaves.