- 1 quantity Asian egg noodles
- 1 small tin coconut milk
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- handful snow peas, blanched and cut into strips
- 2 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- handful coriander leaves
- 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced*
- tofu puffs
- fresh firm tofu, cut into cubes *
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of half a lime
- fried shallots (optional)
*you can use chicken instead
Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain and reserve.
Place coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add laksa paste and stir to combine. Add mushrooms and tofu. Cook for 5 minutes. Add tofu puffs (slice them diagonally so that they become triangles). Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add fish sauce and lime juice.
Place noodles into bowl and top with laksa, snow peas and spring onion. Garnish with coriander leaves and fried shallots.